Our location in Briston in north Norfolk is ideal for both enjoying the beautiful north Norfolk coastline and visiting the city of Norwich.
We are surrounded by fine towns and villages offering great restaurants and other attractions. We particularly recommend:
- The beach (of course!) – Norfolk offers an amazingly diverse range of beach types including dunes, cliffs and salt marshes. By car, it takes just twenty minutes to reach the popular seaside town of Sheringham.
- Blickling Estate | National Trust
- Felbrigg Hall, Gardens and Estate | National Trust
- Hilltop Outdoor Education & Adventure Centre, Sheringham (for children and adults)
- Splash Leisure & Fitness Centre (swimming pool, water slide and wave machine), Sheringham
- Bewilderwood – the curious treehouse adventure, Wroxham
- Gressenhall Farm and Workhouse – an historic workhouse, museum of life on the land, traditional farm with rare breed animals and beautiful, unspoilt grounds.
- Holkham – “The jewel in Norfolk’s crown. Superb Palladian hall, beautiful rolling parkland, shops and galleries, attractions and events, a wealth of wildlife… and the best beach in England”
great places to eat
- The Hunworth Bell
- Explorer’s Bar, Briston
- Crawfish Thai Restaurant, Thursford
- The Dial House, Reepham
- The Walpole Arms, Itteringham
- The King’s Head, Holt
- The Feathers, Holt
- Byfords, Holt
- The Lawns, Holt
- Albert’s Fish & Chips, Holt
- Bakers and Larners Food Hall, Holt
- The Pigs, Edgefield
- Takeaways, Melton Constable (including a Chinese)